Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mira Al Muhairi: a positive model for Emirati girl (extra credit)

My family is the secret of my success
By HananMohammed



For the first time in ZU, Dubai TV presenter Mira Muhairi talked about her experience in media and her personal life.

Mira started talking about her dream and how it changed. She said, in my childhood my dream was completely different, l wished to become a doctor but now lam working in the Dubai Press Club and l didn’t think about the TV before because the community of the Gulf prefers the girl jobs from the traditional model.

As a presenter she said, in my first appearance on the screen l didn’t receive any negative note. I was worried about the reaction of society in first time, but today people in UAE are aware more about media, so they encourage me and my most audience are the old people.
Mira added,l will never forget the positive attitude of my family. It gave me a confidence and encourage me, so I hope that all parents embrace their children and to stand with them until they achieve their dreams and most importantly, faith in their dreams no matter how small.

About her personal life, she is married and has one son. She said,there aren’t any conflict between the nature of my work and my family life. Also, l still maintain my relationship with the university by friends and we are keen to gather that relaxes me a lot.
Finally, Mira hopes to be a positive model for Emirati girls, who want to share with the men the building and pushing of nation, towards prosperity and progress in all areas.


Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment