Saturday, January 15, 2011

" Feel like a women wear a dress"

 By: Hessah Hareb

“”I took a pen and I just wrote "feel like a women wear a dress", and that was my ad””, said Diane Von Furstenberg.

Recently, she gave a talk about her journey in fashion and female Empowerment at Zayed University. Marrying a prince wasn’t the end of her fairytale, but it was just the beginning. She lived a short marriage with the prince; she got divorced and moved to New York to fulfill her career in fashion.




Furstenberg wanted to be more than just a regular princess; she founded many things in fashion. One of the famous things she created in fashion was the iconic wrap dress in early 1970s.





During the presentation, Furstenberg showed images of herself wearing a wrap dress 35 years ago and a photo of Michelle Obama wearing the almost similar wrap last year. Furstenberg likes to invent new styles and accessories that stay in trend. She participated in the Market week. When all buyers come from all around the country.


 "I listed myself in the fashion calendar and book a room in the hotel. I took a pen and I just wrote feel like a women wear a dress, and that was my ad. This sentence that I wrote will stick with me forever", said Furstenberg.



No comments:

Post a Comment